Walpole was granted in 1736 as No. 3, charted on 1752 and was named in honor of Sir Robert Walpole, Earl of Orford. The town includes the villages of Walpole, North Walpole and Drewsville. Walpole is a rural agricultural town with numerous working farms, accredited primary schools. and a small but active business district. There are several restaurants, inns and retail shops, along with a town green and recreational facilities. Oh and its a fantastic place to call home.